Monday, February 20, 2017

Choreless Generation Doesn’t Want Summer Jobs

Choreless Generation Doesn’t Want Summer Jobs | Intellectual Takeout
"I got my first summer job around age 11 when my elderly neighbor asked me to weed her garden. 
As I advanced through middle and high school, that once a month money-making enterprise expanded into bigger and better paying jobs – and more dealings with the general public.
While such an experience may seem like a natural progression of life, recent reports suggest such an idea is not necessarily the case. 
In fact, data shows a steady downward trend in the number of teens who get summer jobs. (Chart)
Decline in teen summer jobs
According to a recent article from Market Watchthe reason why teen employment is in decline is one we’ve heard before: young people aren’t interested in work..."
Read on!

No comments: