Tuesday, February 28, 2017

They were nuts before the election. Nutsier now-----Beware the Trump brain rot: The cognitive effects of this administration’s actions could be disastrous

Beware the Trump brain rot: The cognitive effects of this administration’s actions could be disastrous - Salon.com:
"...While there is little question that the Trump team is set to unravel our democracy, our foreign relations and every stitch of political progress our nation has ever made; that isn’t all that is at stake here.
Image result for trump derangement
...In an effort to crowdsource some of the responses, I asked more than 1,200 people via Facebook and email and received the following list: “wearing me out,” “burning me out,” “frying my brains,” “beyond belief,” “turning my mind into mush,” “brain overload,” “mental meltdown,” “crippling depression,” “constant low level dread,” “making me numb,” “stressing me out,” “abject horror,” “disoriented and scared” and “scaring me to death.”
Others offered descriptions such as “nonstop,” “overwhelming,” “relentless,” “mind-blowing,” “devastating,” “exasperating” and “surreal.”
One friend wrote, “I often wake up in the middle of the night thinking about Trump and unable to get back to sleep from anxiety.“ ...
In our efforts to make sense of all this we have often turned to George Orwell’s “1984.” While the dystopian novel has a lot of insight to offer, it can’t actually capture the cognitive effects of Trumpism. 
And that’s because the Trump team is not just brainwashing us or numbing our brains with Newspeak. 
It is actually implementing, consciously or not, a complex five-point strategy poised to make our minds shut down. .."

No comments: