Saturday, June 24, 2017

They're Wrong About Everything

They're Wrong About Everything
"Events are turning me into a radical skeptic.
I no longer believe what I read, unless what I am reading is an empirically verifiable account of the past.
I no longer have confidence in polls, because it has become impossible to separate the signal from the noise.
Image result for msm liesWhat I have heard from the media and political class over the last several years has been so spectacularly proven wrong by events, again and again, that I sometimes wonder why I continue to read two newspapers a day before spending time following journalists on Twitter.
Habit, I guess.
A sense of professional obligation, I suppose.
Maybe boredom.
The fact is that almost the entirety of what one reads in the paper or on the web is speculation. 
The writer isn't telling you what happened, he is offering an interpretation of what happened, or offering a projection of the future.
..."Like a bearded nut in robes on the sidewalk proclaiming the end of the world is near, the media is just doing what makes it feel good, not reporting hard facts," Michael Crichton once said.
"We need to start seeing the media as a bearded nut on the sidewalk, shouting out false fears. 
It's not sensible to listen to it."...
Read on!

No comments: