Saturday, July 29, 2017

Life in Pain and the War on Relief – Da Tech Guy Blog

Image result for the rest of the storyLife in Pain and the War on Relief – Da Tech Guy Blog:
"I am in physical pain every single day of my life and I have been for the entirety of the twenty first century thus far. 
Pain keeps me from falling asleep when it is time for bed, wakes me up during the night, and it is what wakes me up completely every single morning.
Image result for the other side of the opioid...There was a time when I took prescription pain medication (opiods) and I was able to be much more productive because intense physical pain also saps a person’s mental and physical energy, and when I hurt less I can do more, but I stopped taking those medications when it became too much of a hassle to get them, what with the “pain contracts” and the drug testing, and the stigma and all.
Getting off pain meds was very unpleasant, but so was the sneering contempt I was subjected to whenever I had to mention that I was taking prescription medication to treat chronic pain or try to find a new doctor who would prescribe them or even just the way I was looked down on at the pharmacy when it was time to get those scripts filled.
It seems these days that medical professionals will subject their patients to just about anything in order to avoid providing actual pain relieving medication to people who are suffering from physical pain...all because of the so-called “opiod crisis” that primarily involves heroin addicts and others who are getting and abusing drugs obtained more often on the street...
What happens when people who are in far more pain than what I have to live with are denied the relief they used to be able to obtain? 
Well, they could look elsewhere and get themselves some street drugs, despite the risks of getting bad medicine or getting caught, or they could suffer and lose quality of life (as I have opted to), or they can take the ultimate (and very sad) action to end their never ending pain by taking their own lives..."
Read it all!

No comments: