"We're six months into the Trump presidency and it's worth asking:
- When you eliminate the febrile fantasies of the left (sometimes called "journalism" or "the news," by people who work in "journalism" or "the news") and
- when you tune out the grave harumphs of the intellectual He's-Not-Quite-The-Thing right wing, and
- when you ignore too the lovestruck dreamy-dreams of the Trump Right or Wrong Fan Club,
...what are we left with?
In fact, it seems to me — a reluctant Trump voter — President The Donald has done a pretty darn good job so far.
- Rough-hewn, inexperienced and sometimes too much of a loudmouth for his own and the country's good, he has nonetheless managed to increase American freedom and productivity while dragging us back from the brink of the Moribund European Socialist Please-Kill-Us-Mohammed anti-Western vision of the last guy who held the office.
- There's the great Supreme Court pick, of course.
- Plus he's eliminated sixteen old federal regulations for every new one put in place.
- He's made American foreign policy sane again by re-aligning us with Israel and pulling out of the nonsense Paris Accord.
- You can talk about the non-wall all you like, but the drop in illegal border crossings under this president is, according to the head of the National Border Patrol union, "nothing short of miraculous."
- Stock market's up.
- Unemployment's down.
- Housing Sales are up.
- ISIS is down.
- Oh, and Trump's brutal thrashing of our utterly corrupt and dishonest news media has been a joy to behold.