Wednesday, September 13, 2017

LIBERTY REVIEW

LIBERTY REVIEW:

https://libertyreview76.blogspot.com/2017/09/september-13-2017-heart-and-soul-by.html


Heart and Soul

By Tammy Derouin

Image result for Lighthouse Shining at NightI enjoyed some post-Labor Day time at Lake Michigan over the weekend. This has to be my favorite time of year. The weather is still nice, even with a slight chill in the air. The water may or may not be warm enough to take on some challenging waves, but the traffic, the activity, has calmed down for the year. The snow fences are showing up and finding a parking place no longer gives you a headache. For me, going to the beach has always been a way to escape the realities of life, at least for a little while.

As I drove home, I noticed that the car ahead of me was from Florida. Reality was right in front of me while the tranquility of the lake was disappearing in my rear-view mirror. Of course, my reality of the anticipated hurricane comes through a distant camera lens and weather reports as I sit safely in my home. I wondered what part of Florida this couple called home. I couldn't imagine the anxiety they must be feeling. Would they have a home upon their return? How well would their family and friends get through the storm? I silently wished them well as the road took us in different directions.

As the United States braces for another natural disaster, I know the goodness of the American people will shine like a beacon in the night. It's what we do. When disaster strikes, we roll up our sleeves and help our fellow man. Politics and agendas disappear as the heart and soul of America radiates with unselfish acts of kindness.......

No comments: