Monday, October 16, 2017

Apple's Vice President Apologizes For 'Diversity' Comments | Daily Wire

Image result for Inclusion and DiversityApple's Vice President Apologizes For 'Diversity' Comments | Daily Wire
"An Apple executive has apologized for comments she made regarding “diversity” during a leftist conference last week in Bogota, Colombia.
Denise Young Smith, Apple’s VP of Inclusion and Diversity, suggested “diversity” can exist among people who look alike as part of a panel discussion on fighting "racial injustice" during 2017's "One Young World Summit":
And I’ve often told people a story — there can be 12 white, blue-eyed blonde men in a room and they are going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.
Smith subsequently apologized to Apple employees via company-wide email for suggesting that diversity of experience and points of view can exist among people who look alike:
Colleagues,
...Last week, while attending a summit in Bogota, I made some comments as part of a conversation on the many factors that contribute to diversity and inclusion.
I regret the choice of words I used to make this point. I understand why some people took offense. My comments were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it. For that, I’m sorry..."
Read on! 

No comments: