Saturday, October 28, 2017

Yes. It's OK to hate this moron. But the comments are hilarious.-----I Bought a Tiny "Parisian" Fridge and I Totally Regret It | Kitchn

I Bought a Tiny "Parisian" Fridge and I Totally Regret It | Kitchn:
"Everything is better in Paris. 
I know that. 
Attempting to make my American home my own version of a Parisian apartment was destined to be a disappointment.
I live on the wrong continent with a different way of life.
But I couldn't resist.
I should have resisted.
I spent nine days at the most adorable Airbnb ever a couple of years ago.
The Yellow Flat in the Canal St. Martin area of Paris was everything you dream of when you dream of Paris.
And I lived the perfect Parisian life there for one glorious week-plus.
That included popping out to boulangeries, patisseries, markets, and even La Grande Epicerie to stock the flat with all things delicious.
Anything to be chilled went into the darling, minuscule, oh-so-Parisian refrigerator.
How nice it was to have such a minimalist fridge.
How magical to store some rosé, a bit of charcuterie, a little fruit, some macarons, those delicious French yogurts, some water (even the water tastes better there!), and to have just a little bit of space still available.
Opening that tiny fridge made me happy, just as every little activity of daily living makes me happy while I'm in Paris.
So when my husband and I came home and abruptly decided to buy a massive Victorian to fix up, the correspondingly massive fridge in the horrific kitchen had to go..."

Comments from a FB site:

    Image result for Ooo la la wanna be
  • She needs to tell her husband to take a mistress for the full Parisian experience she's otherwise missing out on.
  • Also, have someone light their car on fire during the night.
  • This lady forgot the essential rule of American fetishization of EuroWeenie countries: Enjoy from the comfort of your Capitalist Free Market home.
  • Our garage beer fridge died a few weeks ago, and we bought a small one because we're cheap. Hadn't occurred to me it was Parisian.
  • I'm surprised she went to a big box store to buy the thing. She doesn't strike me as the big box type. Because France.
  • Because nothing says Paris like a fridge.......
  • OK, wait. The author, after spending "nine days at the most adorable Airbnb ever" in Paris, "came home and abruptly decided to buy a massive Victorian to fix up". Then, trying to replicate the life of "popping out to boulangeries, patisseries, markets" she had an issue with the "tiny Pariasian" fridge (which, honestly, is a normal size for people who aren't shopping for an army or who live in an apartment) she installed in her massive Victorian-size kitchen?
  • Am I missing something about the hypocrisy of two people living in a "massive Victorian" but wanting to feel like they're living in a tiny flat on an endless Parisian vacation?
  • Hey, if someone wants to buy and live in a massive Victorian fixer upper I'm all for it. I've done it. But going to an appliance store just to torture the salespeople by saying "Show me a smaller one. Don't you have anything slimmer?" because she was "determined to buy the smallest fridge we could find" is just plain snotty. It's "Ooo la la, we just came back from 'one glorious week' in Paris and now we are ever so Continental." And it stinks like that "grocery-store sushi". Silly. Just plain silly.
  • Don’t be fooled by this silly woman. Most apartment fridges in the US for poor people/families are that size. Not to mention it’s the size our parents and grandparents had. She’s just being a silly petit bourgeoisie

No comments: