Monday, May 28, 2018

Cherishing Old Glory -- and the freedom it represents - Washington Times

Cherishing Old Glory -- and the freedom it represents - Washington Times:

Image result for flickr commons images Decoration Day"By teaching me what our flag meant to him, my grandfather also taught me the real meaning of Memorial Day. It’s more than barbecues, beach days and long weekends. Pop taught me never to let our flag touch the ground. So many Americans have willingly given up their lives so that our flag would never, ever, feel the earth beneath it. Memorial Day is about remembering and honoring those selfless, brave American heroes.
Take some time to teach your children and grandchildren the reason we celebrate Memorial Day. I’m pretty sure that, just like me, they’ll remember the lesson for the rest of their lives."


No comments: