Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The New York Times-----My New Vagina Won’t Make Me Happy

My New Vagina Won’t Make Me Happy
ANDREA LONG CHU NOVEMBER 24, 2018


"Andrea Long Chu at her home in Brooklyn. Kholood Eid for The New York Times
Next Thursday, I will get a vagina. 
The procedure will last around six hours, and I will be in recovery for at least three months. 
Until the day I die, my body will regard the vagina as a wound; as a result, it will require regular, painful attention to maintain. 
This is what I want, but there is no guarantee it will make me happier. 
In fact, I don’t expect it to. 
That shouldn’t disqualify me from getting it..."
Andrea Long Chu is an essayist and a critic. Her book “Females: A Concern” is forthcoming."
Read all.

1 comment:

Jess said...

He might as well go down to the lumber store, buy various size wood dowels, and prepare for keeping them in place, while he's not using his new organ. It's part of the process, and amazes me anyone would have such an operation.