Wednesday, February 27, 2019

California Professor Believes Cops Should Be Killed - Law Officer

California Professor Believes Cops Should Be Killed - Law Officer:
"I first heard about a UC Davis professor who thinks cops should be killed late in Fall Quarter. 
There were murmurings in the newsroom about his in-class discussions, and rumors of how the professor had given an interview that advocated for violence against law enforcement. 
It bothered me, but I assumed that what I heard was typical hearsay and likely exaggerated. 
I wasn’t shown anything concrete; there were no words to read, no sound-bites to parse over. 
The story seemed too extreme to be believed, because only the intellectually dishonest would even broach such blanketed and violent sentiments — certainly not a highly-regarded professor at a top public university. 
But I kept the rumors at the back of my mind.
The killing of Natalie Corona changed everything. 
Corona, an up-and-coming Davis police officer who was gunned down last month, was the type of person who makes labeling all law enforcement as “bad” a simple exercise in fallacy..."
Read all.

No comments: