Wednesday, February 27, 2019

From 2012...and still we are silent-----How Government Wrecked the Gas Can - Foundation for Economic Education

How Government Wrecked the Gas Can - Foundation for Economic Education:

  • A whole generation will come to expect these things to work badly.

"The gas gauge broke. 
There was no smartphone app to tell me how much was left, so I ran out. 
I had to call the local gas station to give me enough to get on my way. 
The gruff but lovable attendant arrived in his truck and started to pour gas in my car’s tank. 
And pour. 
And pour.
“Hmmm, I just hate how slow these gas cans are these days,” he grumbled. 
“There’s no vent on them.”
Who would make a can without a vent unless it was done under duress?
That sound of frustration in this guy’s voice was strangely familiar, the grumble that comes when something that used to work but doesn’t work anymore, for some odd reason we can’t identify.
I’m pretty alert to such problems these days. 
Soap doesn’t work. 
Toilets don’t flush. 
Clothes washers don’t clean. 
Light bulbs don’t illuminate. 
Refrigerators break too soon. 
Paint discolors. 
Lawnmowers have to be hacked. 
It’s all caused by idiotic government regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all in ways we hardly notice..."
Read all.

No comments: