Wednesday, June 30, 2021
California bans state travel to Florida and four other states over Fairness in Women's Sports laws - TheBlaze
"Just saw where Fake Jake Tapper's CNN show has lost 75% of its audience since January.
- When you are living in an information society bifurcated by politics, the genetic fallacy (accepting or rejecting information based on where it comes from) is more pronounced and especially pernicious.
- I've also noticed another fallacy rising, especially when discussing things like Critical Race Theory. It is called the "normalcy bias" - if it hasn't happened to me, or I haven't heard about it, it hasn't happened at all. I've presented direct documentary evidence of teachers being indoctrinated in CRT (training materials) and students being taught it (assigned books and class syllabus) in our local schools, only to be greeted with "Well, that's not what I heard" and "I don't know any teachers who are using it in their classrooms".
"Many officials and climate activists claim we have only 12 years to act on global warming.
The problem is that this was a statement about the past, dressed up to suggest that it's about the future.
Why the 22-year range?...Read all and watch the video.
WaPo nails Biden with four Pinocchios on 2nd Amendment: 'Everything in that statement is wrong' - TheBlaze
Destroying America!-----Why Was $66 Billion Spent on Renewables Before the Texas Blackouts? Because Big Wind and Big Solar Got $22 Billion in Subsidies | RealClearEnergy
- The oldest maxim in politics is “follow the money.” That maxim also applies to electric grids.
Before going further, I’ll give you the punchline: As I explained in these pages in April, about $66 billion was spent on wind and solar in Texas in the years before the deadly February storm that left millions of Texans without electricity.
...Thus for every dollar spent by the wind and solar sectors in Texas, they got roughly 33 cents from taxpayers.
Lisbon court rules only 0.9% of 'verified cases' died of COVID, numbering 152, not 17,000 claimed - America's Frontline Doctors
- Following a citizen’s petition, a Lisbon court was forced to provide verified COVID-19 mortality data, reports AndreDias.net.
"Green-energy" creates energy outages and giant price increases for all of us!-----Blackouts Loom in California as Electricity Prices Are ‘Absolutely Exploding’
"Two inexorable energy trends are underway in California: soaring electricity prices and ever-worsening reliability – and both trends bode ill for the state’s low- and middle-income consumers.
Last week, the state’s grid operator, the California Independent System Operator, issued a “flex alert” that asked the state’s consumers to reduce their power use “to reduce stress on the grid and avoid power outages.”
- CAISO’s warning of impending electricity shortages heralds another blackout-riddled summer at the same time California’s electricity prices are skyrocketing.
Don't tell us there is no proof of fraud!!-----Goodrich councilwoman shouldn’t have been allowed on ballot, Michigan Court of Appeals rules
- 1894 - Korea declared independence from China and asked for Japanese aid.
- 1908 - A meteor explosion in Siberia knocked down trees in a 40-mile radius and struck people unconscious some 40 miles away.
- 1934 - Adolf Hitler purged the Nazi Party by destroying the SA and bringing to power the SS in the "Night of the Long Knives."
- 1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind," was published.
- 1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. It sold for $3,250.
- 1971 - The 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified when Ohio became the 38th state to approve it. The amendment lowered the minimum voting age to 18.
- 1994 - The U.S. Figure Skating Association stripped Tonya Harding of the 1994 national championship and banned her from the organization for life for an attack on rival Nancy Kerrigan.
- 1998 - Officials confirmed that the remains of a Vietnam War serviceman buried in the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery were identified as those of Air Force pilot Michael J. Blassie.
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- One professor argued that "correct grammar" and "standard language" only "reinforce master narratives of English."
"...By day three or four, perhaps earlier, the media and political adversaries will start pointing fingers.
Save yourself some time. If you spend a few minutes a day reading the story on your favorite news site, you can avoid the endless noise and find out the real information about this tragedy.
- CNN, MSNBC and the legacy print media will look for some way to pin the building collapse on DeSantis since he is from the wrong party and could run against their favorite party in three years. If they can’t find a plausible way to pin the collapse directly on him, they will try the next best thing. They will declare that Florida, like all Republican states, does far too little to protect public safety. This building collapse, they will say, is just another example. ‘That’s the real scandal here.’
- In rebuttal, Fox and the New York Post will say Gov. DeSantis is not responsible in any way, that his efforts after the disaster are a model for the nation and that we should all hope our children grow up to be just like Ron DeSantis.
New Harvard Data (Accidentally) Reveal How Lockdowns Crushed the Working Class While Leaving Elites Unscathed - Foundation for Economic Education
One of the first signs of societal collapse!-----Police warn of purse-snatching incidents in Kent County
"Free to Learn is a new non-profit that is taking a non-partisan approach to highlighting the damage politicized content like critical theories are doing to our children and the quality of the education they receive.
“After a year of virtual learning and having a front-row seat in the classroom, parents are waking up to the increasingly political climate in their children’s schools,” Alleigh Marré, president of the Free to Learn Coalition, explained in a press release...
Indeed, Biden is fully in league with the education establishment—and we know that means. It means that our civic future is being hijacked by CRT zealots in the professoriate, reaping exorbitant salaries to teach young people, in the mordant words of Donald Trump, Jr., to hate their country.
Fortunately, we are now in the midst of a substantial public backlash against CRT. We won’t know the effectiveness of anti-CRT activism until we see some election results—including in Virginia, where Republican gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin is helping to rally aggrieved parents in CRT-afflicted Loudon County.
"Lots of powerful people want you to stay scared about COVID, even as the toll in terms of death and hospitalization continues to plummet in the United States and other advanced countries. Because viruses naturally evolve rapidly, they have a new variant, at first called “The Indian variant” because it was first spotted there. But it has now been renamed the “delta variant,” perhaps to be able to continue to maintain that calling COVID “the Chinese virus,” or “the Wuhan flu,” is racist. The normal practice of naming new diseases after the place they were first identified (German measles, Hong Kong flu, Lyme disease) had to be suspended to protect China’s interests (as the W.H.O. so assiduously does) and to demonize Donald Trump as a racist.
...By specifying that the object is “our attempt to eliminate COVID-19,” Fauci is positing an impossible goal. We haven’t eliminated the common cold or any of the flu variants that plague us every year...
Update: This is just disgraceful! Joe Biden claimed that the delta variant is "deadlier."
America’s Frontline Doctors, that brave group of physicians who have resisted the enforced party line on COVID, has published a video from Britain that takes 3 minutes to show that the appearance and rapid spread of the delta variant in England has led to a decline in hospitalizations and deaths. It is well worth watching as it methodically graphs the data on Covid there, proving that the scaremongering is deceptive propaganda.
Here is the video:
And here is a graphical summary...Read/view all!
- 1767 - The British Parliament approved the Townshend Revenue Acts. The acts imposed import duties on glass, lead, paint, paper and tea shipped to America.
- 1860 - The first iron-pile lighthouse was completed at Minot’s Ledge, MA.
- 1888 - Professor Frederick Treves performed the first appendectomy in England.
- 1926 - Fascists in Rome added an hour to the work day in an economic efficiency measure.
- 1953 - The Federal Highway Act authorized the construction of 42,500 miles of freeway from coast to coast.
- 1972 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty could constitute "cruel and unusual punishment." The ruling prompted states to revise their capital punishment laws.
- 1995 - The shuttle Atlantis and the Russian space station Mir docked, forming the largest man-made satellite ever to orbit the Earth.
- 2007 - The first generation Apple iPhone went on sale.
Monday, June 28, 2021
Former Army Captain, Purple Heart Recipient Sean Parnell Rips Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. Mark Milley For Defending CRT | The Daily Caller
Monday Is The Last Day To Submit Comments On ABA's Proposal To Mandate Racism And Bias Training At All Law Schools
Monday Is The Last Day To Submit Comments On ABA's Proposal To Mandate Racism And Bias Training At All Law Schools
"Following up on my previous posts:
- ABA Sends Proposed Changes To Accreditation Standards Out For Notice And Comment (May 6, 2021)
- ABA Mulls Racism, Bias Training Accreditation Requirement For Law Schools (May 18, 2021)
Here are some of the interesting comments submitted thus far:
Homan: Biden Is the 'First President in the History of This Nation That's Actively Facilitating Illegal Immigration'
Friday on FNC’s “Hannity,” former ICE Director Tom Homan, now a Fox News contributor, slammed the Biden administration on the heels of Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to El Paso.
Homan told fill-in host Jesse Watters that Harris should have “been embarrassed” by the circumstances at the U.S.-Mexico border.
"Observed from some angles, the United States is falling apart.
- At the smallest scale, the tony community of Buckhead, Ga., may be seceding from Atlanta. Mayor Keisha Bottoms’ anti-anti-crime strategy has led to a predictable criminal surge. Buckhead wants escape from dysfunction — via self-rule.
- The same thing is happening within states. Last month, several communities in eastern Oregon voted to secede and join Idaho. The region’s farmers don’t want to be ruled from their state’s weed- and Antifa-plagued coastal regions.
- Parts of New Mexico want to join Texas.
- A huge swath of downstate Illinois talks of splitting from Chicagoland.
- Some upstate New Yorkers have been talking for years of splitting away from Gotham.
- Then there are various plans for splitting California into two, three or even six new states. All are gaining attention.
And recently it’s gone beyond resistance.
Any one of these developments might be unimportant, maybe even amusing.
"The U.S Air Force has two air superiority fighters in their stable in the F-22 Raptor and F-15 Eagle, but when looking to bolster the fleet with purchases of a new (old) jet for the job, it was the Eagle, not the famed Raptor, to get a second lease on life.
By most accounting, the F-22 Raptor remains the most capable air superiority fighter on the planet, with its competition in China’s J-20B beginning to shape up and Russia’s Su-57 still lagging a bit behind.
The F-22 and F-35 are fighters with two very different jobs...Read all.
"... an obese black man who supposedly just delivered a baby raising a communist fist on the cover..."
"Geez, I am so sorry when I have to share things like this but it's part of my mission to make sure as many people see what these nutcases are doing and promoting.
- They think of themselves as elites, and they mean to continue in that status long after their revolution is effected.