Friday, June 11, 2021

One-Way Racism - Tilting At Windmills

One-Way Racism - Tilting At Windmills

"Imagine, if you will, a doctor. This doctor, a psychiatrist, is not a fan of black people. In fact, while giving a talk at the Yale School of Medicine’s Child Study Center, the professor said some unsavory things.

  • “I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any black person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a fucking favor.”

  • “Black people are out of their minds and they have been for a long time.”

  • “Ever since I was a little kid, since I’ve interacted with people who are black, and especially black women, I would notice that things were really off.”

...this is some overt racism. The only people who would tolerate this kind of thing are people who are racists themselves and aren’t afraid to show it. We all know that.

Now, what if I told you that wasn’t precisely what the psychiatrist said?

Oh, did I mention I didn’t write any of those quotes? I took an actual person’s words, I just changed one thing.

I substituted the word “black” for “white.”

That’s right, this is a psychiatrist who openly discussed her fantasies of shooting a white person simply for getting in her way.

And, most importantly, she felt perfectly safe espousing such beliefs. What’s more, it doesn’t look like she faced much in the way of pushback until after Yale released the talk.

Let that sink in a bit. She expresses her fantasies to murder innocent people because of the color of their skin, and that kick in for a bit. Now, look at her justification for it...Read all.

No comments: