Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Left-Wing Bias in Economics Textbooks - El American

The Left-Wing Bias in Economics Textbooks - El American
  • Academia is largely a left-wing bubble, full of people who teach because they can succeed at nothing else--LAWRENCE W. REED
“Economic illiteracy is dangerous,” warns economist Todd Buchholz. 
 “I can ride on a roller coaster without understanding centrifugal force… Physics can protect me, whether I believe it or not. 
But if I ignore basic economics, I could go broke. 
 And if a country ignores basic economics, it could go bankrupt.”
...Most textbooks are written by academics, and that’s a big part of the problem. 
Academia is largely a left-wing bubble, full of people who teach because they can succeed at nothing else.
...Perhaps economic texts need to come with warning labels. 
If textbook authors could be sued for lies, bias or malpractice, many would need skillful attorneys to stay out of jail...Read all.

No comments: