Milton Friedman 1912 - Economist
- 1790 - The first U.S. patent was issued to Samuel Hopkins for his process for making potash and pearl ashes. The substance was used in fertilizer.
- 1919 - Germany's Weimar Constitution was adopted.
- 1928 - MGM’s Leo the lion roared for the first time. He introduced MGM’s first talking picture, "White Shadows on the South Seas."
- 1964 - The American space probe Ranger 7 transmitted pictures of the moon's surface.
- 1971 - Men rode in a vehicle on the moon for the first time in a lunar rover vehicle (LRV).
- 1995 - The Walt Disney Company agreed to acquire Capital Cities/ABC in a $19 billion deal.
Post a Comment