Mary Shelley (Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin) 1797 - Author
- 1146 - European leaders outlawed the crossbow.
- 1645 - American Indians and the Dutch made a peace treaty at New Amsterdam. New Amsterdam later became known as New York.
- 1862 - The Confederates defeated Union forces at the second Battle of Bull Run in Manassas, VA.
- 1905 - Ty Cobb made his major league batting debut with the Detroit Tigers.
- 1984 - U.S. President Ronald Reagan, and several others, were inducted into the Sportscasters Hall of Fame.
- 1994 - Rosa Parks was robbed and beaten by Joseph Skipper. Parks was known for her refusal to give up her seat on a bus in 1955, which sparked the civil rights movement.
Post a Comment