Richard Dreyfuss 1947
- 1863 - The International Committee of the Red Cross was founded.
- 1901 - Leon Czolgosz, the assassin of U.S. President McKinley, was electrocuted.
- 1929 - America's Great Depression began with the crash of the Wall Street stock market.
- 1945 - The first ballpoint pens to be made commercially went on sale at Gimbels Department Store in New York at the price of $12.50 each.
- 1960 - Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) won his first professional fight.
- 1969 - The U.S. Supreme Court ordered an immediate end to all school segregation.
Post a Comment