"...Of minor note, and probably of no note absent an article by Ben Walker of the Associated Press, is that there will be no US-born black players playing in this World Series.
First time since 1950, he reports...
- Can we argue that PoC are underrepresented in MLB from these numbers?
- Do we then conclude there's some sort of problem at hand?
- Might we be inclined to assume some nefariousness at hand?
- Those that see systemic racism in any outcome that doesn't match overall demographics,
- and those that recognize that cultural diversity in America produces diverse outcomes, no "systemic racism" necessary...