Norman Mailer 1929 - Author
- 1606 - Guy Fawkes was executed after being convicted for his role in the "Gunpowder Plot" against the English Parliament and King James I.
- 1747 - The first clinic specializing in the treatment of venereal diseases was opened at London Dock Hospital.
- 1865 - The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives. It was ratified by the necessary number of states on December 6, 1865. The amendment abolished slavery in the United States.
- 1893 - The trademark "Coca-Cola" was first registered in the United States Patent Office.
- 1950 - U.S. President Truman announced that he had ordered development of the hydrogen bomb.
- 1985 - The final Jeep rolled off the assembly line at the AMC plant in Toledo, OH.
- 1995 - U.S. President Clinton invoked presidential emergency authority to provide a $20 billion loan (US banks) to Mexico to stabilize its economy.
Post a Comment