Monday, March 20, 2023

AP fact check on gas stoves ages like fish on a dashboard in summer

AP fact check on gas stoves ages like fish on a dashboard in summer - Tilting At Windmills - Tom Knighton
"I get it. 
None of you think of the AP as a trustworthy news source. I don’t blame you, because I sure don’t either.
But a lot of people do trust them for some reason, and that’s hilarious.
It’s funny because back in January, they did a fact-check to show that no, the Biden administration wasn’t about to ban your gas stove.
"The claim was sparked by comments from a Consumer Product Safety Commission official published Monday that “any option is on the table” when it comes to regulating gas stoves, amid growing health concerns over the appliances. In the days after, discussion online evoked images of the government dragging four-burner cooktops from homes, as social media users shared memes of gas stoves with text like, “Don’t Tread On Me.”
“I’ll NEVER give up my gas stove. If the maniacs in the White House come for my stove, they can pry it from my cold dead hands. COME AND TAKE IT!!” conservative Texas GOP Rep. Ronny Jackson said on Twitter Tuesday.
But officials insist that people’s kitchen appliances are in no danger.  
Here’s a closer look at the facts...

No comments: