Andrew Jackson 1767
- 44 BC - Roman Emperor Julius Caesar was assassinated by high ranking Roman Senators. The day is known as the "Ides of March."
- 1892 - New York State unveiled the new automatic ballot voting machine.
- 1892 - Jesse W. Reno patented the Reno Inclined Elevator. It was the first escalator.
- 1916 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson sent 12,000 troops, under General Pershing, over the border of Mexico to pursue bandit Pancho Villa. The mission failed.erlin newspapers.
- 1938 - Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia.
- 1956 - The musical "My Fair Lady" opened on Broadway.
Post a Comment