Erich Fromm 1900 - German-American psychologist and humanistic philosopher
- 1775 - American revolutionary Patrick Henry declared, "give me liberty, or give me death!"
- 1806 - Explorers Lewis and Clark, reached the Pacific coast, and began their return journey to the east.
- 1839 - The first recorded printed use of "OK" [oll korrect] occurred in Boston's Morning Post.
- 1840 - The first successful photo of the Moon was taken.
- 1857 - Elisha Otis installed the first modern passenger elevator in a public building. It was at the corner of Broome Street and Broadway in New York City.
- 1919 - Benito Mussolini founded his Fascist political movement in Milan, Italy.
- 1933 - The German Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act. The act effectively granted Adolf Hitler dictatorial legislative powers.
- 1942 - During World War II, the U.S. government (democrat Roosevelt) began evacuating Japanese-Americans from West Coast homes to detention centers.
Post a Comment