We are in a global energy crisis.
As people look for solutions to this crisis, it is crucial that the right people get implicated (leaders of the anti-fossil-fuel movement) and the right people get vindicated (advocates of energy freedom)....
...The Causes Of America’s Electricity Crisis
- America’s grid is in decline and about to get far worse due to policies that 1) reward unreliable electricity, 2) prematurely shut down coal plants, 3) criminalize nuclear, and 4) force electric vehicle use.
- The root cause of our grid’s reliability problems is simple: America is shutting down too many reliable power plants—plants that can be controlled to produce electricity when needed in the exact quantity needed. And it is attempting to replace them with unreliable solar and wind.
- Nationally, as demand has increased over the last 10 years, we have seen a decline in reliable capacity (gas, coal, oil, nuclear, hydro, and battery storage) by 5%. 10
- Will batteries make unreliable solar/wind reliable? No. Battery storage is expensive and can only provide a given “capacity” (e.g., 1 GW) for a few hours, and only if fully charged. Planned batteries are nowhere near enough to compensate for solar and wind’s unreliability. 11
- Grid-destroying policy: coercing electric vehicle useAt a time when reliable electricity is scarce and about to become far scarcer, the Federal government and certain state governments are trying to force us to use electric vehicles—which would lead to major increases in electricity use at certain times of the day...
Post a Comment