Betsy McCaughey: Jail the Shoplifters
- Tell lawmakers it’s time to stop coddling shoplifters and their leftist apologists, and start protecting the rest of us, columnist Betsy McCaughey says
- Brazen shoplifting is hurting all of us.
"I’m brushing with bubble gum-flavored children’s toothpaste because it takes too long to get a clerk at the pharmacy to unlock the adult toothpaste.
- Before the shoplifting scourge, shoppers could “actually” browse and read product labels.
- Target, Home Depot and other retailers announced last week that they are taking big hits to their profits because of double-digit increases in theft nationwide.
- That’s after hiking prices on consumers.
- When the guy next to you loads a bag with whatever merchandise isn’t locked up and walks out without paying, keep in mind that you’re paying for his stolen stuff.
- Stores are fleeing San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago and Portland, cities that soft-on-crime mayors and district attorneys have made into shoplifter’s paradises...
Post a Comment